This exclusive expedition showcases the whales of Baja and unique experiences with each species—an intimate encounter with friendly gray whales (in San Ignacio Lagoon), an extraordinary experience with the biggest animal that ever lived (blue whales of Loreto), and spectacular whale action from humpbacks in Cabo San Lucas.
Every winter, different species come back to their habitats in Baja California. Grays and humpbacks come to breed; blues, to feed. This comprehensive exploration of Baja’s natural whale heritage is a first. With Cabo Expeditions, exploring all three habitats—adds up to the best whale watching in Baja. Photographers and whale lovers will especially enjoy this dream experience.
- Tour Duration: 7 days
- What's Included: Airport transfers, one-way ground transportation in comfortable, air-conditioned vans and zodiac boat transportation on the Sea of Cortez. A guided tour providing complete information about Baja's whales, native plants, animals, birds, and marine life. 2 gray whale-watching tours in San Ignacio, a full day of blue whale-watching in Loreto, 2 humpback whale-watching tours in Cabo San Lucas. Use of kayaks and mountain bikes in San Ignacio Lagoon. 5 nights hotel accommodation and 1 night cabana or tent accommodation. Meals and beverages, plus unlimited photo opportunities. Price does not include airfares, additional hotel stays, ground transportation from Cabo San Lucas to Loreto (or vice versa), USD 30 park fee, or gratuities. The park fee, or Conservation Passport, is valid for one year and allows you to visit Mexico's protected areas as many times as you wish in one year.
- Availability: 2013: February 1-7 (CSL-LOR), February 8-14 (LOR-CSL), February 15-21 (CSL-LOR), February 22-28 (LOR-CSL), March 1-7 (CSL-LOR), March 8-14 (LOR-CSL), March 15-21 (CSL-LOR), March 22-28 (LOR-CSL); 2014: January 31-February 6 (CSL-LOR), February 7-13 (LOR-CSL), February 14-20 (CSL-LOR), February 21-27 (LOR-CSL), February 28-March 6 (CSL-LOR), March 7-13 (LOR-CSL), March 14-20 (CSL-LOR), March 21-27 (LOR-CSL).
- Activity Level: Ages 8 and up
Enjoy an intimate and action-packed Zodiac whale-watching tour with Cabo Expeditions. Board your boat and head out on your educational Cabo adventure – we know the best spots where to watch whales! Your experienced captain will show you why Cabo is “the” place for humpback whale watching. The Sea of Cortez hosts numerous whale species each season, from gray whales and sperm whales to the elusive blue whales – plus dolphins and even orcas. Get your camera – you’ll want to record your experience of a lifetime: whale-watching Cabo-style.
- Tour Duration: 2.5 hours
- What's Included: Guided tour with bottled water and soft drinks provided. Professional photographer onboard each boat with photos and DVDs available at an additional fee.
- Availability: Daily departures Monday-Sunday, leaving at 8:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., December 15-April 15
- Activity Level: Ages 5 years and up