Explore the islands made famous by John Steinbeck in his Log from the Sea of Cortez. Ride in a zodiac boat from island to island, then snorkel or kayak from the beach. The crew sets up camp.
Our naturalist guides will share with you the flora and fauna of each island, from rattle-less rattlesnakes and barrel cacti to whales and migratory birds. You’ll see spectacular geologic formations while paddling in pristine waters, and discover our colorful Baja heritage. From snorkeling with sea lions to kayaking, hiking and bird watching, this is a unique journey of exploration, learning, and appreciation.
- Tour Duration: 7 days
- What's Included: Airport transfers and one-way ground transportation from Cabo San Lucas to La Paz (or vice versa) in comfortable, air-conditioned vans. A guided tour providing complete information about Baja’s natural history, native plants, animals, birds, and marine life. Use of kayaks and snorkeling equipment. 2 nights’ hotel accommodation on first and last nights, tent accommodation on camping nights. Meals and beverages. Price does not include airfares, additional hotel stays, ground transportation from Cabo San Lucas to Loreto (or vice versa), USD 30 park fee, or gratuities. The park fee, or Conservation Passport, is valid for one year and allows you to visit Mexico's protected areas as many times as you wish in one year.
- Availability: 2012: November 2-8 (CSL-LOR), November 9-15 (LOR-CSL), November 16-22 (CSL-LOR), November 23-29 (LOR-CSL); 2013: April 19-25 (CSL-LOR), April 26-May 2 (LOR-CSL), May 3-9 (CSL-LOR), May 10-16 (LOR-CSL), November 1-7 (CSL-LOR), November 8-14 (LOR-CSL), November 15-21 (CSL-LOR), November 22-28 (LOR-CSL).
- Activity Level: Some walking/hiking is involved and guests should not be mobility challenged.
Espiritu Santo Island Expedition is an outdoor lover´s dream! Snorkel with sea lions, explore the island’s strange wildlife, and swim with countless tropical fish. Taste the culture of Baja as you sample traditional local cuisine. When you join Cabo Expeditions on this day-long, guided adventure, you’ll discover why Espiritu Santo Island is called the “jewel of the Sea of Cortez.” Could it be for its pristine beaches, rich and diverse ecosystem, or mysterious history? You decide!
- Tour Duration: Full-day activity
- What's Included: Round trip transportation from your hotel in our air-conditioned chauffeur-driven van, all snorkel gear (wetsuit, snorkel, mask, fins, snorkel vest), breakfast and lunch, and bottled water while in transit. Kayaks, Snuba and scuba diving gear are available at an additional fee.
- Availability: Monday through Saturday, leaving at 7:00 a.m., April through September
- Activity Level: Some walking/hiking is involved; guests should not be mobility challenged, and basic swimming skills are necessary to snorkel.